A former Miss Wagga has been stung by yet another hurdle in her battle to stay in Australia.
Stina Constantine, who has lived in Australia for the best part of 20 years, faces deportation after an administrative error saw her denied a visa.
She has been readying to take her fight to remain in Wagga to the Federal Circuit Court, but the date has been pushed back yet again.
The delay comes after the office of Alex Hawke, minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services, and Multicultural Affairs, asked for more time.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"I was under the impression from the last contact that my legal team had with the minister's team they would not be intervening," Ms Constantine said.
"I had put aside all hopes of the minister stepping in, but then they asked for more time, so I have agreed.
"It's frustrating for the delay, but it is still the best-case scenario to have the minister intervene. I am trying not to get my hopes up."
Because Ms Constantine has made a submission to the Federal Circuit Court, she has received a bridging visa with permission to work.
But she said it had been an exhausting ordeal working to fight the deportation with the knowledge that if the appeal fails, she would be forced to leave the place she calls home.
She described the process as a "marathon where the finish lines keep getting moved".
"When the first date got moved, I crashed," Ms Constantine said.
"Now, this time around, I didn't gear up because I had learnt. So I am still trying to stay positive."
The new court date for Ms Constantine is September 14.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: