Canberra has recorded 24 new COVID-19 infections as the ACT becomes Australia's first jurisdiction to vaccinate half of its over-16 population.
Chief Minister Andrew Barr on Friday confirmed just over half of that cohort had been double-dosed.
Of the ACT's latest cases, 18 were linked and at least six had been in the community for some of the time.
The number of people in hospital has risen to 15. This includes four people in intensive care, with one on a ventilator.
Meanwhile, the ACT will next week unveil its plan to ease lockdown restrictions in line with rising vaccination rates.
Mr Barr flagged the next steps would be detailed on Tuesday and labelled the next two months a race to vaccinate as many people as possible.
"It is the government's intention to make gradual steps forward to manage our current outbreak so that we will be able to ease public health restrictions as our vaccination rate increases," he told reporters on Thursday.
Canberra's lockdown currently extends to midnight on September 17 and the ACT is closed to NSW, with some exceptions for border residents.
The lifting of lockdown in parts of regional NSW and further planned easing of restrictions in that state will be factored into the ACT's decisions to a degree.
"It's a factor, but not the predominant factor. So local conditions, local vaccination rates, local epidemiology will be the major driving force behind our next steps," Mr Barr said.
Once Canberra reached a 70 per cent full vaccination rate, Mr Barr expected first doses to be at 90 or 95 per cent.
He foreshadowed the gap between 70 and 80 per cent full coverage as amounting to about five days of vaccinations.
Australian Associated Press