Melbourne Storm will know if they need to extend their stay in the Riverina on Monday.
The NRL club relocated to Albury last week in preparation for the May 28 resumption of the competition.
After training at Albury Sportsground on Saturday, 13 team members headed back to Melbourne, under strict biosecurity measures, while 19 will remain at their new Lavington base.
The entire squad will reconvene for training at Albury Sportsground on Monday when Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews is also set to announce if he will make changes to the state of emergency edict, which has forced the Storm to relocate.
Coach Craig Bellamy believes depth will play its greatest role in his 18-year career as clubs combat coronavirus fears as players will be stood down immediately should they show any flu-like symptoms.
"Without a doubt (a team's depth has never been more important)," Bellamy said.
"This year we're allowed to have 20 (players) and you've got to take 20 to the game because of that. If someone's got a sniffle or a high temperature, when you get tested going into the dressing room before the game, he's going to be pulled out.
"I think all clubs will use more players throughout the year than ever."
Although it naturally varies from club to club, most would use at least 25 players in a season and if one had a poor run with injury, it would balloon out beyond 30.
The Storm has 29 players on its list, plus a number of development players.
"There's a little bit of a correlation teams use that, usually, the team that wins the competition doesn't use a whole heap of players because that tells us you're not getting too many injuries and you're keeping your combinations, but I think that's one thing that's going to change this year," he said.
All teams returned to training this week after the competition was postponed following the first two rounds in late March.