Harness Racing NSW (HRNSW) has abandoned the race meeting set for Junee on Friday.
Junee Harness Racing Club was set to conduct an eight-race TAB meeting but the suspension of harness racing in the state will extend a further day.
HRNSW suspended all racing in the state on Tuesday after it was established that persons in attendance of a meeting at Penrith last week had been in contact with someone with coronavirus.
HRNSW are awaiting the COVID-19 test results of a steward before making the decision to lift the suspension across the state.
"HRNSW advises that the results of a COVID-19 test taken from a HRNSW steward have still not been received," read a HRNSW statement released late on Thursday.
"Consequently, HRNSW has determined that the race meetings scheduled for Friday 27 March 2020 will be abandoned.
"Nominations are still being taken for other scheduled race meetings and race fields will be drawn up as usual.
"HRNSW will provide a further update once the results of the test are known."
The next meeting to be held in the region is at Riverina Paceway at Wagga on Tuesday.
Thoroughbred racing in NSW is back in full operation for the time being after the test results of two Sydney-based jockeys returned negative to COVID-19 on Thursday.
Those suffering acute, cold, flu-like symptoms who have recently returned from travelling or are a contact of a confirmed case are urged to be tested for the virus. To do this, call HealthDirect on 1800 0222 222 to be triaged and advised by a nurse over the phone. Alternatively, contact your GP to book an appointment and let them know in advance if you have symptoms - these might include fever, cough, runny nose or shortness of breath.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we aim to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.