Councils across the Riverina are closing their customer service centres to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
Wagga mayor Greg Conkey encouraged the community to contact the council by phone on 1300 292 442, with the office closing on Friday.
"Our customer service centre will close (Friday) at 5pm, however people will still be able to phone council through the call centre where your calls will be answered," Mr Conkey said.
The announcement comes after the Lockhart Shire Council shut its doors on Thursday, encouraging locals to transact business or deal with council's administration over the phone or online with some staff working from home.
Council service desks remain open at Junee and Temora for essential transactions, however cash payments are not permitted and inquiries by phone are preferred.
Greater Hume will also close their offices to the public on Friday, and Snowy Valleys Council is already closed.
Contact your local council
- Bland Shire Council: (02) 6972 2266
- Coolamon Shire Council: (02) 6930 1800
- Cootamundra-Gundagai Regional Council: 1300 276 468
- Greater Hume Council: (02) 6036 0100 or 1300 653 538
- Junee Shire Council: (02) 6924 8100
- Lockhart Shire Council: (02) 6920 5305
- Narrandera Shire Council: (02) 6959 5510
- Snowy Valleys Council: 1300 275 782
- Temora Shire Council: (02) 6980 1100
- Wagga City Council: 1300 292 442