Albury have confirmed they will be without star forward Jon Huggett next season.
It comes after the dual club best and fairest winner signed on to play with the Whitsunday Brahmans in the Mackay and District Rugby league competition next year.
Last month, Thunder president Rick O'Connell indicated Huggett was likely to be moving on.
"He (Huggett) has been great for us," O'Connell said.
"He's played from I think under 16's all the way through to first grade.
"He's been a part of two reserve grade premierships and three first grade premierships, it's a fair effort.
"He'll be a big loss."
Huggett won the club's best and fairest for the second time this season after they were knocked out by eventual premiers Tumut in the second week of finals.
It comes as promising young forward Luke Ingram has returned to Bombala.
Etu Uaisele has also retired, leaving Adrian Purtell a number of holes to fill in his side.
However it is not all bad news in the wake of Huggett's departure, with the Thunder welcoming the inclusion of two Hume league footballers.
Culcairn's Mosese Baleidrokadroka and Senio Tuala are on board for next season.
Baleidrokadroka, a former Fijian rugby sevens squad member, switched to Aussie rules in 2017 and has been an asset for the Lions in the forward pocket for the past two seasons.
Tuala played 13 games for the Lions reserves this year, as well as a stint with fellow Hume league club Henty back in 2015.
O'Connell said both Baleidrokadroka and Tuala were handy pick-ups for the Group Nine side who are expected to promote their young homegrown talent in 2020.
The club will hold a players day on November 21 at 6pm at Greenfield Park in preparation for next season.