The Wagga Wagga Art Gallery is pleased to present a range of engagement events and activities running in conjunction with the Soft Core exhibition.
Two of the Australian exhibiting artists, Tully Arnot and Simon Yates along with Gallery Curator - Learning & Engagement, Linda Elliott, will host these public events coming up in September.
Tully Arnot uses low-tech technologies to craft playful sculptures and installations that warn of the perils in experiencing the world through the devices which we most cherish, while Simon Yates uses defunct technologies, found objects and readily available materials to create curious inventions.
The time spent at Wagga Wagga Art Gallery by these artists will be interspersed with school workshops targeted at high schools.
Tully Arnot and Simon Yates will host a Pizza with the Artist night for everyone interested in finding out more about what these artists have created working with the youth of Wagga.
- This will take place in the E3 art space at the Wagga Art Gallery on Thursday, September 13 from 5pm to 7pm.
- Everyone is welcome to attend this free event.
- If you could please flag your interest in attending these free events via phone or email, it would be appreciated on 6926 9660 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A Q&A session will also take place in the E3 art space and in the Soft Core exhibition on Saturday, September 15 between 10am and noon.
Soft Core is an exhibition curated by Micheal Do, in conjunction with Casula Powerhouse Arts Centre and toured by Museums and Galleries, Soft Core presents artistic practices that explore the many facets of ‘softness’ - from large-scale inflatables to forms made from soft materials to materials that simply look soft.
These artists are making works that demand attention - forms that are not simply bumped into while looking at paintings.
There are some great resources online at www.wagga.nsw.gov.au/art-gallery/exhibitions-landing/exhibitions-landing/softcore.
- Tuesday to Saturday: 10am to 4pm
- Sunday: 10am to 2pm
- Closed Mondays