Jordan Zunic looking to make it back-to-back Wagga Pro-Am wins

COMING BACK FOR MORE: Jordan Zunic will return to the Country Club looking to defend his Wagga Pro-Am title next week. Picture: Kieren L Tilly
COMING BACK FOR MORE: Jordan Zunic will return to the Country Club looking to defend his Wagga Pro-Am title next week. Picture: Kieren L Tilly

Jordan Zunic has forgone the chance to compete for European Challenge Tour riches to try to defend his Wagga Pro-Am crown.

The Australian PGA runner-up will be back at the Country Club next week as part of a stellar line-up for the highly decorated event.

The 26-year-old could have been competing in the Kenya Open, worth more than $750,000, but elected to return to Wagga for the $40,000 event.

Deciding to come back to try and make it back-to-back wins, Pro-Am chairman Ashley Briggs is thrilled to have Zunic back on board.

“We take pride in getting our champions back to defend their title and it’s wonderful to see Jordan in the field,” Briggs said.

James Nitties, who in currently second in the PGA Tour of Australasia Order of Merit, will also take part along with the in-form Matthew Millar.

Australian golfing legend Craig Parry had already been locked in for his first appearance in three years while Peter O’Malley is back for another attempt as well.

The last three winners of the title are returning with Zunic, Dale Brandt-Richards (2016) and Mitchell Brown (2015) all locked in.

PGA NSW/ACT tournament co-ordinator Peter Welden expects some low scores from the quality field.

“The thing I’m excited about this year is so many of our players have been in great form,” Welden said. 

“I think we could be in for some record scoring over the two days.”

The Pro-Am will be held on March 22 and 23 with plenty of prizes up for amateurs too.

Comments

Discuss "Defending champion Jordan Zunic confirmed for Wagga Pro-Am"

Please note: All comments made or shown here are bound by the Online Discussion Terms & Conditions.