A family has been left homeless overnight after a vicious fire completely destroyed a Regent Street house.
The fire started around 9.45pm in a two-story home near the corner of Duke and Regent Street.
Mitchell Hayward was visiting family in town and witnessed the scene unfold from across the road.
“My brother and his work mate were both on their way home from work, and they noticed a lot of smoke as they were coming to this part of town.
“They both stopped at the house and rushed back, and tried to warn the residents to evacuate.
“My brother told me that within a minute of him and his mate spotting the fire though, the house was completely engulfed in flames.
“Emergency services got there very quickly, and the firemen and police were right on top of it.”
Fire and Rescue NSW, the Junee RFS 1 and 2 and police attended the scene around 10pm last night.
Around 10.45pm power was shut off in the area, and turned on again around midnight.
“They were there for close to two hours, but the house was a complete loss,” Riverina RFS operational officer Bradley Stewart said.
There were no reported injuries.
Acting Inspector Maggie Deall said the fire was believed to be electrical and is not being treated as suspicious.
On social media, a post regarding the incident is attracting a huge community show of support for the well-known family, who are understood to have lived at the property for 20 years.