I CANNOT believe Joe Hockey is advocating to bring people in from overseas to care for children and aged people.
Don’t we have an unemployment rate of around 6 per cent and higher in young people?
Wouldn’t it be better to train the unemployed in child and aged care and employ them?
In my experience with my mother and father, aged care in this country is vastly understaffed and a cruel system for residents, patients and staff.
Yes, there are fantastic places with excellent staff and only one or two staff who ruin it for the remainder. There are also terrible places with one or two good staff.
A wonderful woman on the Morning Show has worked in aged care for 18 years and expressed how rigid aged care is.
She has opened group homes of six to eight residents, who can choose what time they get up and how they want to spend their day, concentrating on their abilities, not their loss of memory.
More of this would be wonderful.
KEITH Wheeler could be forgiven for thinking he stepped on the tail of a brown snake when he addressed the issue of same sex marriage about a month ago in The Daily Advertiser.
It would seem to most of us that hell hath no fury like that of the homosexual community and supporters when it is challenged.
I didn’t sense hatred in his column, just a really genuine concern for the way we are heading as a society.
Since when has it been hatred when you see blind people heading towards a cliff to want to pull them back and warn them that it’s not going to end well?
The poisonous responses were proof the supporters of same sex marriage have turned hatred and vitriol into a sport.
Those communities have punched above their weight in the media for a long time, trying to intimidate anybody who doesn’t share their views.
To be only an estimated 1.5-2 per cent of the population and to dominate the agenda says something of the collective cowardice and apathy of the remaining 98 per cent.
We are getting the society we deserve.
There is fast developing a “homosexual sharia” situation developing in the media and in legislation to keep opponents of gay marriage quiet.
I heard recently that if you have a Facebook profile and have not highlighted the rainbow flag, you can be discriminated against in the job market; how diabolical is that?
Also in response to Fred Goldsworthy’s column from a few weeks ago.
Don’t be naïve (or maybe duplicitous) Fred, we are in a war.
Although it’s a war we are losing fast if we wave the white flag and capitulate in this race to the bottom in the morality stakes.
It’s a battle for the hearts and minds of billions of people who think there is no accountability for the choices we make in this life.
If we had a shred of decency in us, we would be decrying the genocide that is happening in abortion clinics in Australia and overseas.
We threaten and intimidate the courageous peaceful protesters who approach women who are heading to have abortions at these clinics to try to save the unborn. How gutless are the rest of us to let this happen?
The gay community often throw the “love“ word around; how about a bit of love for the defenceless unborn?
Every time civilisations lose their moral compass like we have now they have crumbled and imploded.
It is just a matter of time before it happens again.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.