A PRIMARY school trashed by five children has bounced back.
Wagga police youth liaison officer Constable Tim Bourke said the parents of five boys believed responsible for trashing Holy Trinity Primary School in Ashmont handed them into police the following day.
Aged between eight and 11, the Wagga boys are currently being dealt with under the Young Offenders Act, Constable Bourke confirmed.
Classes were cancelled on Monday, February 9, after principal Paul Jenkins was met with broken windows, bottles of paints, school work and toys strewn across the classroom when he was called to the school 8pm the night before.
Parents and teachers spent the next day cleaning up, while police searched for a group of children, who security guards had sighted fleeing the scene.
Seven of the nine classrooms were ransacked.
Mr Jenkins praised the resilience of the students and staff, which allowed the school to quickly bounce back from the attack.
"It's a disappointing thing that happened at the school and something that shouldn't have happened," Mr Jenkins said.
"But we're a resilient bunch and we move on.
"We're not going to let it disrupt us.
"Learning is optimum."
Carpets were replaced in one classroom last week as the finishing touch to the school's recovery.
"It's routine as normal," principal Paul Jenkins said.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.