AN AIRCONDITIONER has been destroyed by fire in a Tolland unit this afternoon.
Emergency services - including firefighters, police, paramedics and Essential Energy crews - responded to the fire in Joyes Place unit block about 2.40pm.
Firefighters from Turvey Park fire station wore breathing apparatus as they used one line of hose to extinguish the fire, which started in an airconditioning unit in the lounge room.
Station officer, John O'Dwyer, said the second-level unit - one of 14 in the block - was unoccupied at the time and there appeared to be no suspicious circumstances surrounding the fire.
Mr O'Dwyer said the lounge room sustained fire, heat and smoke damage, with some smoke and heat damage caused to the rest of the unit.
"It burned the airconditioning unit completely off the wall (but) didn't damage the structural integrity of the unit," Mr O'Dwyer said.
A petrol-powered fan was used to rid the property of smoke and any potential hot spots.
Essential Energy crews isolated power to the unit.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.