An ARIA award-winning lineup is set to take the stage in Bourkelands next year after it was announced Wagga will host the third leg of The Squeeze 2022.
Off the back of winning the Australian Recording Industry Association's award for best Australia Live Act, pop-rock group Lime Cordiale have announced they will be bringing their 'Freshtival' to 12 locations in Autumn next year.
Lead members of the band Oli and Louis Leimbach will present ARIA winning Thelma Plum, indie duo Client Liaison, and Australian rock & roll band The VANNS at Conolly Park on April 23, with tickets going on sale this Friday.
"Rural festivals are just more fun and go that little bit harder," said Lime Cordiale in a statement announcing the event.
"After the industry has been hit so hard it's a great feeling to know that we're pulling this off."
Wagga Wagga City Council has been announced as an official sponsor of the event, and $1 from each ticket sold will go towards helping reduce carbon emissions and waste generated by live events.
The Squeeze 2022 dates and locations include:
- Sat 2 April, Hall Park, Mandurah, WA
- Sat 9 April, Sturt Reserve, Murray Bridge, SA
- Sat 23 April, Conolly Park, Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Sat 30 April, Bella Vista Farm, The Hills, NSW
- Sun 1 May, Park Beach Reserve, Coffs Harbour, NSW
- Sat 7 May, Sandstone Point Hotel, Sandstone Point, QLD
- Sun 8 May, Kingston Butter Factory, Logan, QLD
- Sat 14 May, Riverway Stadium, Townsville, QLD
- Sun 15 May, Cairns Showgrounds, Cairns, QLD
A Day On The Green dates and locations include:
- Sun 10 April, Peter Lehmann Wines, Barossa Valley, SA
- Sat 16 April, Mt Duneed Estate, Geelong, VIC
- Sun 24 April, Heifer Station Wines, Orange, NSW
This will be The Squeeze's third year of touring and will take to stages across five states, including three A Day On The Greenevents after partnering with the pre-established festival for the first time.
A Day On The Green has been a mainstay on the nation's festival calendar for 21 years, performing for over four million patrons and has allowed Lime Cordiale to curate a selection of local talent to perform for their three vineyards events.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: