Murrumbidgee Local Health District has revealed another exposure site in the region, and is urging residents to remain vigilant and get tested.
The Boorowa Hotel, also known as the Top Pub, has been listed as a new venue of concern associated with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Anyone who has visited there on September 11 from 10.30am to 12.30pm is now considered a casual contact and should immediately get tested and isolate until a negative result is received.
This location in Boorowa is not associated with the current four cases in Hilltops LGA and was visited by a person from outside the District who later tested positive to COVID-19 and is now isolating outside of the MLHD.
Four new cases of the virus were found in the MLHD in the the 24 hours to 8pm Friday, including three cases connected to a man in Young that were previously announced and one detected in Albury.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"Yesterday we detected COVID fragments... in Balranald in the Far West and Griffith in the Murrumbidgee Local Health District," Dr McAnulty said in delivering the Saturday NSW COVID-19 update.
"So please watch out for symptoms and come forward for testing if you get any of those symptoms."
Anyone in Griffith, or who has been in Griffith recently, should get tested if they have even the mildest of symptoms, and isolate until they receive a negative result.
Common symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose and loss of taste or smell.
Other symptoms include fatigue, acute blocked nose (congestion), muscle pain, joint pain, headache, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting, loss of appetite, unexplained chest pain and conjunctivitis.
Many exposure sites have been listed across the district this week, with many residents being considered casual contacts.
Venues of concern across in Young are:
- Young: BWS, Boorowa Street - September 3 between 3.15pm and 4pm
- Young: Young, 263 Boorowa Street - September 3 between 3.15pm and 4pm
- Young: Service NSW, 24 Lynch Street - September 8 between 12.10pm and 12.40pm
- Young: Bunnings, 288 Boorowa Street - September 8 between 12.15pm and 1pm
- Young: KFC, 24 Zouch Street - September 10 between 4pm and 9.30pm
- Young: KFC, 24 Zouch Street - September 11 between 12pm and 3pm
- Young: Service NSW, 24 Lynch Street - September 13 between 3pm and 4pm
- Young: MedCirc Young, 50-66 Boorowa Street - September 15 between 12.10 and 1.45pm
- Young: Young Diagnostic Imaging, 12 Cloete Street - September 15 between 2pm and 2.30pm.
A number of Wagga and Young venues have also been identified as casual contact sites after an essential worker spent time in both towns at the start of the month.
- Wagga: Mantra Pavilion, 22-30 Kincaid Street - all day
- Wagga: Woolworths, 30 Gurwood Street - Monday August 30, 9.15am to 10am
- Wagga: Northside Pharmacy, 12 Gurwood Street - Monday August 30, 9.15am to 9.45am
- Wagga: Caltex Northend, 170 Fitzmaurice Street - Tuesday August 31, 5.15pm to 5.56pm
- Wagga: O'Brien's Wagga Hot Bake Bakery, 89A Morgan Street - Friday September 3, 6.50am to 7am
- Young: BWS, Boorowa Street - Friday September 3, 3.15pm to 4pm
- Young: Woolworths, 263 Boorowa Street - Friday September 3, 3.15pm to 4pm
- Young: Cherry Blossom Motor Inn, 19 Zouch Street - all day September 3 to September 7
Testing has been ramped up in Young and people right across the region are being urged to come forward for a COVID-19 test for even the mildest of symptoms.
Tests can be carried out at the following locations:
- Cootamundra Hospital, 11am to 1pm
- Griffith MLHD testing clinic, Yambil Street, open 7 days from 9.30am to 1.30pm, no appointment necessary
- Griffith Showground, Monday to Friday from 1am to 2pm and Saturday 8am to 11am, no appointment necessary
- Griffith GP-led Respiratory Clinic (Your Health), 105 Binya Street, Monday 9am to 6pm, Tuesday to Friday 9am to 4pm, book online at hotdoc.com.au
- Harden Hospital, 1pm to 3pm
- Wagga Equex Centre drive-thru clinic (entry via Copland Street), open 7 days from 10am to 6pm, no appointment necessary.
- Wagga Laverty Pathology drive-through site, Riverina Playhouse car park, Tarcutta Street via Cross Street, 8am to 4pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 3pm Friday, 8am to 1pm Saturday and Sunday
- Wagga Murray Street clinic, 84 - 86 Murray Street (between the pharmacy and the Australian Red Cross), open 7 days from 9am to 4pm, no appointment necessary
- Young Town Hall, 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday
- Young Showground, 9am to 3.30pm Saturday
For other testing options or assistance accessing a test please call the Murrumbidgee COVID-19 Hotline on 1800 831 099.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: