This is branded content.
For those who believe in luck, the Australian Powerball is an attractive prospect to rake in an insane amount of cash.
Because it can be played online, anyone from anywhere in the world can get into the game to win big.
The game is patterned after the equally popular American Powerball but has undergone several tweaks to become what it is today: a unique yet inclusive betting game that's open to everyone both living in and out of Australia.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how get into the action and play Australian Powerball online.
Australian Powerball game tickets are available in lottery outlets in multiple locations.
But, some jurisdictions provide opportunities for non-residents to play digitally, thanks to an Internet-connected device. Play Powerball online with Oz Lotteries and follow these steps to get started:
Create an account or sign-in
Before making any transaction, it's recommended that you create an account, if it's your first time.
While you can do this after you place your wager, it's better to set up your account beforehand. Otherwise, you can't proceed with your bet.
Select your numbers
Choose your lucky five main numbers between 1 and 35. Add in one Powerball number, from 1 to 20.
If you don't have your pre-set lucky numbers and want the computers to choose for you, check the Quick Pick box to allow random number selection.
Choose your play mode
There are a lot of games to choose from. If you have enough money to spare, you may opt for bets that cover more games with one ticket purchase.
Understandably, it'll cost more than what you'd pay for a traditional system game.
You may select from any of the game modes:
- Standard Play: A standard game means you're qualified to bet for four rounds. A ticket costs AUD$8.80. If you're a big spender with a huge appetite to win, you can bet for 1,000 games that'll make you $ 2,200 poorer, or many times richer if luck is on your side.
For an additional cost, you get to choose if you want to play for several weeks or ante up only when a large sum of cash is at stake during the jackpot.
- Power hit: Buying a ticket allows you to choose seven numbers plus a Powerball. You'll also get the chance to win prizes from divisions one to nine. A power hit game offers more chances of winning, as the game includes every possible Powerball. Some say the odds of winning the Powerball are rare, but you can increase your luck by adding a few bets or choosing more numbers.
To get into the game, prepare AUD$ 44 per bet, to as high as AUD$ 880 for 20 games.
- System play 10: As the name implies, an online bettor has the opportunity to choose a 10- number combination, plus one Powerball. With one ticket valid for 120 standard games, purchasing this pricier ticket means more chances of winning too.
Prepare AUD$264 for a ticket of this bet system. If you want to increase the odds of hitting the jackpot, purchase as much as 20 games for System Play 10, available at AUD$ 5,280.
It's a bit hefty, but if you're lucky, you can recoup your bet more than a million times. In fact, a March 2020 Australian Powerball winner amassed an AUD $80 million jackpot in Powerball after enduring drought and bushfire.
- Syndicate: Contrary to its name, there's nothing dubious about this betting system. A syndicate is a good way to play with your family members or friends as you can share the jackpot amongst yourselves if you win. A syndicate offers large ticket games to a group of individuals. Each syndicate has 10 shares, and you can purchase as many shares as you can to increase your yield.
When you do the math, you'll find that this method provides a bettor with more than 500 chances to win the top prize, just by spending less than AUD$50.
A syndicate Power hit 10, for instance, is worth AUD$27 per share and qualifies you for 200 games. Other available shares are for System 11 at AUD$ 44.55 per share. Additionally, System 12 is pegged at AUD$ 106.92 per share. The highest, System 13, can be had at AUD$ 231.66.
Review and confirm your purchase
Check if your bets are properly recorded. If not, make the necessary amendments. Once you're happy with the numbers and play modes, click 'Add to Cart' and pay for your bets through PayPal or debit or credit card.
You'll receive a notification message in your email address about the order(s) you just paid for.
Check the results
Powerball draws are held Thursdays at 8.30pm Australian Eastern Standard Time. The draw takes place in two phases.
Seven numbers are drawn from 1 to 35, then one number from 1 to 20 for the Powerball is done separately. Buy your tickets before the cut-off period, which is typically one hour before the draw schedule.
The winning numbers will be posted on the official site or on the site where you purchased your ticket.
If you're one of the lucky winners, you'll receive an email with the details on how to claim your winnings. Additionally, you can check your online lottery account for more information.
So, who said Australian Powerball Online can only be played by those in Australia? Learn the easy process above and start playing if you feel luck beckons.
- Gamble responsibly. Contact the Gambling Helpline for free and confidential support, information and counselling on 1800 858 858 or visit www.gamblinghelponline.org.au.