South Australia has removed hard border restrictions for travellers from Greater Perth but will keep a testing regime in place.
Premier Steven Marshall says people from the previously designated hotspots in Western Australia - Perth, the Peel region and the South West - will still be required to have COVID-19 tests on days, one, five and 12.
They must isolate until they receive a negative result from the first test.
Anyone from WA currently in quarantine in SA will be allowed to leave provided they have not visited the Four Points Hotel in Perth.
SA will not change its current border arrangements with Victoria, with people from Greater Melbourne required to have the three virus tests.
There are no measures for people coming from regional Victoria.
"A huge amount of testing was done yesterday and overnight no new cases were identified," Mr Marshall said.
"So we feel very happy to keep the current border arrangements in place."
Police Commissioner Grant Stevens said the situation with Victoria would be continually assessed.
"This shouldn't discourage people from coming to South Australia," he said.
"We would certainly welcome them, we just ask that they comply with our requirements.
"It's a delicate balance. We are trying to free up movement between states as much as possible while at the same time protecting South Australians."
SA reported one new virus case on Friday, a woman in her 30s recently returned to Australia from overseas.
She is in hotel quarantine.
SA Health said genomic testing on an earlier case had also confirmed a man in his 40s had the South African variant of the virus, a South Australian first.
Acting Chief Public Health Officer Emily Kirkpatrick said the man was moved into a dedicated hotel facility.
He is not showing any symptoms and returned a negative test before boarding his flight to Australia.
"We are certain this is a very early onset infection but with all the variants we are concerned because we know there is that increased transmissibility associated with it," Dr Kirkpatrick said.
"We don't want to cause too much alarm in the community but it is important for people to be aware this is our first case we've had here."
SA previously reported four cases of the more transmissible UK variant.
Mr Marshall has also revealed about 60,000 South Australians, including frontline health workers, hotel quarantine staff and aged care staff, will be included in the first wave to receive coronavirus vaccines.
He says those people will be proactively contacted by SA Health with nine hospitals in Adelaide and regional centres to act as distribution hubs.
A number of vaccination clinics will also be rolled out from those hubs.
Health Minister Stephen Wade said SA's vaccine supplies would be limited initially with the first hub to be opened at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Australian Associated Press