WAGGA Tigers have been handed a major boost before Saturday's crunch clash with Ganmain-Grong Grong-Matong after a trio of stars forced to miss round one after failing their player transfer screenings were cleared to play.
Former coach Shaun Campbell and returning club juniors Jake Gaynor and Sam Lucas were all late withdrawals from the Tigers' first-up loss to Osborne at Robertson Oval.
But after a board meeting on Tuesday, AFL Riverina confirmed all pending player clearances in the AFL Riverina Championship had been given the green light ahead of this weekend's fixtures.
Campbell said he was looking forward to getting back into the action against the Lions after he was forced to watch on in round one.
"Last week was obviously a bit embarrassing. It's always hard to watch, especially when you travel down and I was so keen to play," he said.
"Ganmain have a ripping side in so it will be good to test ourselves against them."
Tigers coach Troy Maiden said it was a relief the issue has been resolved and they can focus on trying to secure a first win of the campaign.
"Last week they were in our side up until we were just about to start getting ready to play, when the reserves were running out on the ground.
"It did throw us out of whack a little bit and we brought in some guys who had played reserves prior. It wasn't ideal, but we've moved on and looking forward to this week.
"It was frustrating but they (AFL Riverina) have to do their job and I respect that, it's a very difficult job to do under the current circumstances."
"After the extensive screening process the clubs and individuals undertook the players in question have all been cleared to play this weekend," AFL Riverina said in a statement.
"Clubs were notified today (Thursday) of this news.
"We would like to thank the clubs for their patience. The AFL Riverina Screening Policy was designed to protect the clubs and their communities and we have been impressed with the club's intent following this screening process."
AFL Riverina also confirmed it discussed its strong recommendation Border residents not take part in the competition at Tuesday's meeting.
"The AFL Riverina board will also look to finalise its position on the border participants by the end of this week," the statement confirmed.
Most clubs have adhered to the recommendation by opting not to play any Border residents this season, including the Tigers, while Mangoplah-Cookardinia United-Eastlakes overlooked their Sydney recruits for round one selection as a precaution.