Wagga Tigers will wait to hear more from AFL Riverina around the availability of a couple of key recruits for the remainder of the season.
Tigers were forced to make three late changes to their team for last Saturday's AFL Riverina Championship opener against Osborne after a number of footballers failed the player transfer screening process.
Former coach Shaun Campbell and returning club juniors Jake Gaynor and Sam Lucas were all late withdrawals at the order of AFL Riverina.
Tigers were informed on Friday afternoon that the trio, along with Will Scott in reserve grade, were unable to play due to issues related to their transfers.
It is understood that there were inconsistencies with Campbell and Gaynor's residential address, while Lucas and Scott had not had their clearances approved by their former clubs.
AFL Riverina chairman Michael Irons confirmed the players had been ruled out.
"AFL Riverina did not approve some players for the weekend's game because they had either not provided the additional information required as part of the screening process, had conflicting addresses details or had not met the conditions set out in the AFL Riverina Player Transfer COVID-19 Policy," Irons said.
It is understood that AFL Riverina also contacted Mangoplah-Cookardinia United-Eastlakes and Ganmain-Grong Grong-Matong on Friday afternoon about the circumstances of a number of players.
The issues with MCUE and GGGM were resolved, and discussions between Tigers and AFL Riverina continued on Saturday before the players were sat out.
Wagga Tigers president Anthony Lyons declined to comment as the club awaits further clarification from AFL Riverina.
Irons said AFL Riverina will review each player's case this week.
"The AFL Riverina board will this week review the declined players and their circumstances and review the policy to consider if any changes are needed to the policy," he said.
The withdrawal of Campbell, Gaynor and Lucas did not help as Osborne upset Tigers by 15 points on their home turf.
Osborne have also had their issues with player availability, with border-based coach Joel Mackie, assistant Sam Livingstone and recruits Elliott Powell and Zach Bye all ruled out.