THE SNOWY Valleys is calling on tourists to make it number one on their bucket lists after months of being dealt a bad hand by bushfires, drought and the ongoing pandemic.
Following the NSW Government's announcement that state travel restrictions will ease as of June 1, the Snowy Valleys Council has launched its latest campaign to entice holiday makers to town.
The Come Find Us campaign was quick off the back of the announcement, with Council's Executive Director Community and Corporate Paul Holton saying the fast response was essential given the trying times of late.
"With a couple of key long weekends in the ACT and NSW approaching, it was important that we came out of the gates fast to get a good share of the air time," he said.
"We have been developing content and collateral behind the scenes to ensure when the restrictions were lifted we were ready to respond and ramp up promotion of the region," Mr Holton explained.
Previously council had been encouraging potential visitors to plan future adventures in the Snowy Valleys via the social media campaign, 'dream now visit later'.
IN OTHER NEWS:
Mr Holton says the new campaign is a seamless follow-on from that promotion with the Come Find Us tag-line now encouraging people to put their holiday and travel dreams into action.
"Whilst we know other regions will also be working hard to attract domestic visitors, our wide open spaces, outdoor adventuring and fantastic road touring networks make the Snowy Valleys a very attractive offering," he said.
Other promotions which had begun before the coronavirus restrictions will also be used to encourage holiday makers and road trippers including the 'empty esky' movement and 'stay in the bush' which were developed to encourage foodies and adventurers to return to bushfire affected areas.