Fire crews were called to a chimney fire in Kooringal in the early hours of this morning.
At 1.10am Thursday morning, crews from Fire and Rescue NSW's Turvey Park station responded to a small fire on Lake Albert Road in a chimney flue.
The fire was a result of a fault in the flue, firefighters said.
Firefighters climbed the roof and investigated the roof space around the area and through the house using a thermal imaging camera to detect any further threat of fire.
After about half an hour, the house was given the all-clear.
As winter sees an increase in house fires across Wagga and the wider region, NSW Fire and Rescue duty commander Daryl Manson has given the community some advice for keeping safe.
He said said people could find more information on the Turvey Park Facebook page or by contacting the station on 09 6921 3022.