QANTAS will continue its Sydney to Wagga services at a reduce capacity despite yesterday's announcement made by Regional Express to cancel all flights from April 6 onwards.
Qantas decided last Thursday to scale back its Sydney to Wagga service from 26 to 12 return flights a week in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
As of Tuesday, a Qantas spokesperson said the company had no changes to its original announcement and flights will continue.
When the airline announced the change last week, Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce said efforts to contain the coronavirus spread "have led to a huge drop in travel demand, the likes of which we have never seen before" and was "having a devastating impact on all airlines".
Wagga, Albury, Armidale, Coffs Harbour, Dubbo, Port Macquarie and Tamworth will continue to see "around 12 return services per week" from the QantasLink regional service.
- We have removed our paywall from our stories about coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we aim to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.