LATEST ON THE CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK:
* Australia has 14 confirmed cases - four in Queensland, four each in NSW and Victoria, two in South Australia
* Of those, three people have recovered and been released
* The latest case is a 37-year-old Chinese man from the same tour group from Wuhan as three other victims, including an eight-year-old boy. They are all in a Queensland hospital
* Two Australians on a cruise ship off Japan have also tested positive.
* More than 20 countries have confirmed cases
* China has more than 24,000 confirmed cases and 490 people have died
* One person has died in Hong Kong and one in the Philippines
* The World Health Organisation has declared a global health emergency.
HOW HAS AUSTRALIA REACTED?
* Australia has banned non-citizens flying to Australia from China
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison has rejected calls to compensate banned travellers
* The federal government has issued "do not travel" advice for China over virus fears.
THE EVACUATION TO CHRISTMAS ISLAND
* About 241 Australians evacuated from China's virus zone have been quarantined on Christmas Island for two weeks
* 35 are being evacuated on an Air NZ flight to Auckland and will then go to Christmas Island by charter plane, via Brisbane
* The island's field hospital will provide critical care, including a negative pressure room and isolation capacity
* The government will consider quarantining people in mainland mining camps and hotels if Christmas Island becomes full.
Australian Associated Press