Racing NSW stewards are confident that Tumbarumba Turf Club will be able to stage it's annual Cup meeting next month.
Southern District Racing Association (SDRA) chief steward Jason Schulz visited Tumbarumba on Wednesday, where he carried out an inspection of the track.
Despite the bushfires having ripped through different parts of the Tumbarumba region, the town's racetrack has escaped any damage to date.
The annual Tumbarumba Cup meeting is scheduled for Saturday, February 1.
Schulz said there was no reason to abandon plans for the club's annual race meeting.
"The Tumba track is quite good," Schulz said.
"They haven't been able to get any water on it for just over two weeks but if they get rain over the next couple of days, and they're going to start the sprinklers again, I'm pretty confident they will be able to hold the race meeting in a couple of weeks time."
Tumbarumba Turf Club held a committee meeting this week and are keen to push ahead with the race meeting.
The race day could be just what the community needs after difficult times in recent weeks.
"They're extremely positive and confident they can race," Schulz said.
The club will need to check the meeting's viability with the Rural Fire Service in the lead up with the bushfires still a potential threat to the township and surrounding areas.