Wagga council is hoping that its campaign for $30 million in funding to support industrial expansion at Bomen will receive support in Tuesday's NSW budget.
Wagga mayor Greg Conkey said the city had applied for infrastructure grants to support the Riverina Inter-modal Freight Hub and the Special Activation Precinct industrial growth project at Bomen.
"Bomen is our economic driver for the future and we have applied for, and favourable consideration is being give to, $30 million [in] infrastructure [grants]," he said.
"It's for developing Bomen into a business park for the Special Activation Precinct that it has been designated for.
"I'd be delighted if that is committed to in the budget."
The Department of Premier and Cabinet toured Wagga and Bomen last week for community consultation into the Special Activation Precinct, one of just two current areas in NSW designed to fast-track new industrial development.
Wagga MP Joe McGirr said that the state government had already contributed million of dollars at Bomen and he was not sure if further grants would come in Tuesday's budget.
Dr McGirr said he wanted to see further commitments toward's the government's promises across the electorate.
"There's the Wagga Base Hospital Stage 3, the Tumut Hospital and the Estella School and the approaches to Gobba Bridge and the Marshalls Creek works, as well as Adelong Police Station and the haulage road upgrades a Tumut, and the Riverina Conservatorium of Music ($20 million upgrade)," he said.
"I would like to see funding for disability advocacy services continue, they have given a commitment for the domestic violence pilot project in Wagga and the funding for additional police and the promises around TAFE courses and the Seniors Card and air conditioners for schools in the region."
Committee 4 Wagga chief executive Alan Johnston said he hoped to see funding to help Wagga council overcome its $200 million roads maintenance backlog, as well as services for mental health and unemployment.
Cr Conkey said it would be "disappointing" if the budget went ahead with plans to raise the emergency services levy paid by councils despite statewide lobbying for a deferment for 12 months.
"We understand the reason, we support what they are doing in terms of greater security for our volunteers , but it was thrown on us in May and we really haven't been able to budget for it," he said.
At Coolamon last week, NSW premier Gladys Berejiklian announced an extra $355 million in the budget for drought-effected communities over four years.
While you're with us, did you know that you can now receive updates straight to you inbox each day at 6am from the Daily Advertiser? To make sure you're up to date with all the Wagga news sign up here.