The Wagga community New Year's Eve event operator for the next two years will be decided by Wagga City Council in the coming weeks.
The deadline for potential event operators to lodge an expression of interest closed on March 20.
A council spokesperson said it had received multiple expressions for running the 2019 and 2020 events and the process was "on track".
"Council has responded to multiple enquiries in relation to the New Year's Eve expressions of interest and is currently working with interested parties," the spokesperson said.
"Council is not anticipating major changes to New Year's Eve events as a result of the multi-year tender. Council will continue to evaluate the event through a formal evaluation process."
Thomas Bros were awarded the tender for Wagga's New Year's Eve community event in June 2017, which was renamed to 'Skyworks' and moved to Lake Albert.
Thomas Bros, who also handled the 2018 Skyworks, did not respond to a request for comment.
The previous organisers, Committee 4 Wagga, handed control to the council after running the event at Victory Memorial Gardens over four years.
Cr Rod Kendall said the expression of interest process would involve "looking at every factor available" from the applicants.
"It has been a very successful event in the past couple of years," he said.
"From that, you would look very carefully at the expressions of interest, including what the existing operator wants to do with it and the expressions from other groups and what their strengths and weaknesses are.
"It's like everything: once you have got runs on the board that helps your application and conversely, if you have been running something that was less than successful, that could harm your application."
Cr Yvonne Braid said the amount of additional financial support required from the council would be one of the factors to consider.
"You have got to look through them all and see what they require and if it's good for the community," she said.
"It has got to help tourism and that makes it good for everyone in the community."
Councillors were advised in March last year that the tender process was being scheduled to allow enough time for the successful applicant to plan for and establish the event.
"It is expected tenders will be evaluated in December and a determination made early 2019," a report to councillors said at the time.
The report noted that the has supported a New Year's Eve event for the past five years to the value of $45,000 each year, attracting on average 12,000 attendees each year.
While you're with us, did you know that you can now receive updates straight to you inbox each day at 6am from the Daily Advertiser? To make sure you're up to date with all the Wagga news sign up here.