Harry Himmelberg will remain with Greater Western Sydney until at least the end of 2019 after signing a two-year contract extension.
The 21-year-old was excited to remain with the Giants.
“This is a really exciting place to be and play football,” Himmelberg said.
“I’ve learnt so much over the first two years of my career and can’t wait to continue that at the Giants over the next few seasons.
“It’s been frustrating having to sit on the sidelines with injury recently, but I’m just keen to be back on the field and put my best foot forward to return to playing in the firsts.”
Himmelberg was selected with pick 16 in the 2015 draft and has played 10 games since making his AFL debut last year.
Six of those have been this season before a broken finger sidelined him.
Himmelberg has played the past two NEAFL games but was a late withdrawal from the team to play at Robertson Oval on Saturday after getting the call up to replace Jonathon Patton in the clash against Melbourne in Canberra.
Giants general manager of football Wayne Campbell was thrilled to secure Himmelberg.
“Harry’s a great clubman and a really popular member of our group,” Campbell said.
“He’s also developing into a quality footballer and one we see as vital to our group for a long time.
“This season he’s shown his versatility and willingness to take on new challenges as we’ve played him in defence, up forward and even in the midfield at times.
“He’s got a great attitude and we’re looking forward to his continued improvement at AFL level.”