A couple of weeks ago the news reported the event of the Stoccos’ confrontation with police near Wagga. This was the first time the public was made aware that Australia's most wanted were on the loose and had been for eight years.
Twelve days later, they were arrested much to the assistance to the efficient police network by members of the public. While the public had no actual hands on to the arrests, the progressive information given to the police no doubt made their job easier.
Would it not be beneficial to all if details of wanted criminals were made to the public as a regular media update so the police would have a lot more eyes and ears on the ground providing valuable information to police?
I was asked just the other day why am I opposed to Islamic refugees from Syria being settled in Gundagai.
Although the Islamic community makes up less the 2 per cent of the Australian population, Muslims are all exclusively involved in or are responsible for the following:
1. There are 21 presently incarcerated for terrorist related incidents.
2. The reason why Australia is under 24/7 high terrorist alert.
3. At least 200 fighting with Islamic State (IS) in Syria.
4. At least 200 have been prevented from leaving Australia to fight with IS.
5. At least 500 are under surveillance by ASIO
6. The reason why the Kapooka Military Band cancelled last year’s performance at Henty Field Days.
7. The reason why personnel at both the Kapooka and Forest Hill Military Bases are not to wear their uniforms off base.
8. The reason why police stations are to have protective screens fitted to front desks.
9. The reason why police have to work in pairs and to wear bullet proof vests.
10. The reason why CES personnel are not to wear uniforms to and from work
11. The reason why many Jewish schools in both NSW and Victoria now have armed guards and
12. The three persons who have been killed while committing terrorist acts involving attempted murder and murder were all of the Islamic faith.
It is would be obvious to even Blind Freddy that these people will not make good citizens. As I have always said, there are a lot of good people of the Islamic faith but unfortunately, it is almost impossible to tell the good ones from the bad ones – until it’s too late.
And it has been proven time and time again that they tend to form ghettos and will not assimilate into the community. The reasons stated above clearly indicate that they do not respect our laws or our cultures and that is why the people of Gundagai should not welcome them into the community with open arms and open hearts.
They have to be realistic and give consideration to obvious problems that they will bring with them. Nobody, including our eight councillors, have the right to inflict these unnecessary burdens on our future generations.
While I do agree with Russ Meyers, who on earth would put such a major development as the proposed trotting track on a high risk major flood way, and yes a lake to bring people to the area would be fantastic.
I do think you have missed the point. The development application states an estimated 127,000 cubic metres of extra fill is required to build up the site.
The hole would be in the centre of the track and will only fill with water once it gets over 2.6 metres. By then it is too late.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.