A FIERCE critic of Griffith council has been dumped from his weekly community radio program because the content “has not gone down well”.
Lance Perry, host of the Lance at Lunchtime show on 2MIA FM in Griffith, was told his program was cancelled following a station board meeting on Tuesday.
2MIA president Dolf Murwood said the board decided the content of the show was inappropriate.
“He has content which has not gone down well with a lot of people,” Mr Murwood said.
“We talked with Mr Perry and he accepted the fact and we’ll go from there.”
Mr Perry said he had no choice but to wear the decision.
“They've made the decision, at this point they've got the right to do that,” Mr Perry said.
“It's been stopped because of content.
“They don't think my program is appropriate to be piped through the PA system of council.”
It is understood the station would be entering into an agreement with Griffith City Council next week to be broadcast on the Banna Avenue public address (PA) system during the Christmas period.
“The board deemed the program would not be appropriate for what we are planning to do,” Mr Murwood said.
He said the program wasn’t appropriate for the Banna Avenue PA system as people couldn’t choose what they heard as they were shopping.
“It could upset some people and they can’t turn the radio off if they’re walking down the main street,” Mr Murwood said.
Mr Murwood said the cancellation of the program was not requested by Griffith City Council and there had been no discussion with council about the show prior to the October 13 board meeting.
A council spokeswoman said they had been notified of the cancellation but did not request it.
Mr Murwood said it was “unlikely” the Lance at Lunchtime show would return to 2MIA.
“If Mr Perry wants to come up with a different concept for a show he can present it to us in future,” Mr Murwood said.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.