A SEVEN-year-old girl has been treated for burns following a fire in a shed.
At 5.45pm on Friday, Fire and Rescue NSW were called to an Ashmont property following reports of a fire in a building.
Wagga police Inspector Peter McLay said a seven-year-old girl and a nine-year-old boy were playing with petrol in the detached shed.
The girl was treated for minor burns to her legs at Wagga Base Hospital.
The blaze caused minor damage to the shed and the house.
Inspector McLay said it could have been much worse.
“It’s a reminder to not leave children unsupervised around fuel and ignition sources,” he said.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.