When you join Coates, you’re joining more than just Australia’s leading equipment hire provider. You’re joining an end-to-end solutions company spanning equipment rental, temporary works engineering, industrial shutdown management and safety training.
Proudly Australian-owned, Coates has a long history of supporting customers to deliver major projects, and an exciting future focused on transformation, innovation and growth. With over 1,500 employees in 150+ locations, we offer diverse and rewarding roles at our nationwide branches, state head offices and corporate office in Sydney.
About the role
Field Service Mechanics (based in Wagga Wagga) take responsibility for repair of Coates hire equipment and machinery on customer sites. This will include safe, effective and efficient preventative maintenance, service and overhaul as required. Deliver a level of trust and commitment to our customers that Coates is the right supplier for the project and you are the right person for the job, as well as ensuring a high standard of safety.
A day in the life of a Coates Field Service Mechanic:
• Deliver a first-class service to our customers
• Diagnose & repair mechanical faults across variety of equipment on site – work on large earthmoving, generators, lighting plants ands boom lifts.
• Ensure stock levels of spare parts are available to undertake any repair on site.
• Respond promptly to customer enquiries regarding breakdowns and keep them informed of any requirements, time frames and options they have.
• Complete paperwork regarding service and repairs.
Your high levels of customer service and Can-Do attitude, are complemented by:
• Relevant Trade qualifications
• Experience with petrol and diesel motors, hydraulics pneumatics and basic electrical skills
• Effective time management and attention to detail
• Troubleshooting, diagnostic and preventative maintenance skills
• Your commitment to safety
How we’ll reward you:
As a Coates employee, you’ll enjoy a range of benefits including:
• Competitive remuneration
• Flexible working arrangements
• Purchased extra leave program
• Supportive and inclusive team culture
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Volunteering opportunities through the Coates Foundation
As a responsible organisation, we’re on a journey to deliver on our people, planet and profit responsibilities. Our company values – Care deeply, Be our best, Customer-focused and One team – shape everything we do, while our Sustainability Strategy outlines key commitments including:
• Achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2040
• Implementing our second Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) in 2022
• Improving gender representation and addressing unconscious bias
• Developing our future female leaders through an annual program
• Supporting our national charities and local communities through the Coates Foundation
To learn more, visit coates.com.au
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited by this opportunity, please follow the links or apply via careers.coates.com.au
Coates is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive workforce for all employees. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
Coates. Equipping you for anything.