Zoe Cherry came very close to losing her best friend this week.
Ms Cherry’s loveable pooch Lazerro became very ill on Tuesday. It is believed the active and playful animal had been deliberately poisoned.
The frighteningly sick Lazerro was discovered on Tuesday and Ms Cherry needed help to get him to a Wagga vet. Thankfully Lazerro is on the mend, but it will be a long recovery process.
“The vet said it could take up to three months for him to return to normal,” she said. “He’s definitely improved, but it has been really scary.”
The matter has been reported to police and Ms Cherry was hopeful her story, while heart wrenching at the time, would ensure others would be on the look out for such behaviour.
“There’s not a lot you can do to stop it, but people should be aware of what happens to their animals if they have been poisoned,” she said.
Vets have reported poisoned animals in recent weeks and residents were urged to keep an eye on their furry friends.