THE NOTORIOUS Samsung Galaxy Note 7, which has reportedly emitted smoke, burst into flames and even exploded, was officially pulled from Wagga’s stores this week.
Samsung’s horror two months culminated in an 8 per cent drop of their share price after production of the defective phone was permanently discontinued on Monday.
Users who purchased the device have been sent return kits which contain gloves to handle the device as well as a number of special thermally-insulated boxes to ship the phones back in.
The fiasco began after 92 reports of batteries overheating, including 26 reports of burns and 55 reports of property damage, including fires in cars and a garage.
Wagga’s Timothy Smyth, who bought the phone shortly after its August release, described the device as a “travesty”.
“I’ve been a Galaxy man all my life but not anymore,” he said.
“This is basically a thousand dollar device that it seems they barely even tested before they released it to the public.
“You shouldn’t have to fear your phone blowing you up.”
The company’s executives have urged anyone who has a Note 7 to immediately stop using it and return it to Samsung.